Want to start a Search Engine or Social Network? Now may be the time.
Research out this week from Foresee finds that customer satisfaction with Google (and other search engines and social networks) is down significantly. The firm suggests that the proliferation of advertising (especially in search engines) is “diminishing the customer experience.”
According to Foresee, the e-business category (portals and search engines, social media and online news and information sites) dropped 3.9% to 71.3 on ACSI’s 100-point scale. 22% of search engine visitors polled cited ads as what they liked least about them. E-business is seeing its lowest score in a decade.
“Advertising may be the necessary evil of e-business,” said Larry Freed, president and CEO of ForeSee. “Most e-businesses begin as a free service to gain traction with consumers and increase market share, but eventually they need to find a way to monetize their business. Unfortunately, consumers generally perceive the increase in advertising as detracting from their online experience.”
“From 10,000 feet, the erosion of customer satisfaction with e-business suggests that the sector will have a bumpy road ahead. But the battle for customer preference is playing out at the customer-level,” said ACSI founder and chairman Claes Fornell. “Companies that can find a way to make money without compromising the customer experience will please both its users and investors.”
2 Responses to “Want to start a Search Engine or Social Network? Now may be the time.”
Leave a Reply
- Finding useful information on the Web is someth...
- This month we have several Dedicated Servers av...
- Before Starting – you will need access to...
- Using the .htaccess to Redirect To redirect a s...
- And here it is! the reason that the purpleturtl...
- Claire on Google Finally Revealed that There Was a Ban! but its for WHAT?!?!
- Claire on Want to start a Search Engine or Social Network? Now may be the time.
- Claire on Why Hire B2B Social Media Agency?
- Beverly on Google Finally Revealed that There Was a Ban! but its for WHAT?!?!
- Beverly on Want to start a Search Engine or Social Network? Now may be the time.
Enter your email
Signup for our Newletter